Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet Ollie



Let me begin by saying what a dog person I am. I have wanted a dog of my own since, well forever, but realistically since I graduated college. Unfortunately, most apartments in the city of Milwaukee have a problem with residents of the canine persuasion. As many of you know (I say that as if people actually read my blog) my life has a hit a bit of rough patch lately. With my Dad being sick, and quite likely near the end of the road, my stepmother making his last days a living hell, and the guy I thought was going to be 'the guy', turning in to a grade A asshole.. I needed something to love. So, I decided it was time to get a cat. I think.

Friday, Aug 7th, which I have now deemed as official asshole day, I decided to take myself to the humane society and have a look at the kittys. While a tiny little furball would be great, my intention was to adopt a cat that was over a year because they are free. Well, of course, I fell in love with a 5 month old blue & white tabby. His name was Humphry, but I decided to name him Ollie.

I went in to his little room, scooped him up and then we played a little. After I put him back I walked away to get some perspective. Did I really want this little guy or was it an impulse. Well, I walked back to his cage and some one was looking in there and he was just happily playing. As soon as I crouched down and had his attention, he came running up to the glass, put his paws up and meowed. And that was that. I was his person. He was coming home with me.

He's a very playful, affectionate and well-behaved kitten. Doesn't scratch, loves toys, and most importantly.. had no trouble getting acquainted with his litter box. He was exactly what I needed and now we're pals for life. Isn't he adorable?!?!?!

2 comments:

Gabitch said...

He is ADORABLE! Good job! I'm so glad you went to the shelter to get a pet- I'm a huge advocate of that! I know Ollie will be a great companion and a BF forever. Pets are great to tell your problems to and take your mind off of things. I'm excited for you!

Also, I'm digging the cow picture up top!

Kaylie Rose said...

and I bought all my supplies there so the money goes right back to the shelter. thank you!!